Click for Tim Hennigan GallerySKYWAGON FORUMS
Provided by the
International 180-185 Club
Donated by:
Cybernautical Services For
Aeronautical Businesses

Over 200 Aviation
Websites done.
As of August, 2009 you must be a logged in 180-185 Club Member to Post anything. If you had a Forum account prior to that date, and have not become a Club Member, then that account has been placed on hold. Use the regular Skywagons.org Club website login screen. Membership or login is not required to View anything. See www.skywagons.org [Login Overview] for more details or to authorize yourself if already a Club member.

The International 180-185 Club does not review, endorse, nor necessarily agree with anything posted on this Forum. No warranty is provided in regards to the legality of any aircraft modifications, nor performing any maneuver, including landings, relative to your personal pilot skills. FAR 61.103(c) is applicable.

Skywagons >> Airframe Ideas

Pages: 1
GHB
owner

Reged: 01/22/10
Loc: Rockford, IL.
Tail wheel spring [Stinger] angle
      #12850 - 02/15/11 10:22 AM

Hi
I have put new tail wheel mount torsion leg bushings in [rubber ones] from Cessna.

I measured the vertical tail wheel swivel bolt angle and the bottom of the bolt [nut end] still points aft. [should point forward? correct?]
I think the bend in my tail wheel spring [torsion leg] has straightened out [bent straight] Does any one know how much of an angle this mount leg should have in it? Can it be bent more if the angle is not enough? What is the best way to bend it?

Thank you
Gene Bottolfsen

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GHB
owner

Reged: 01/22/10
Loc: Rockford, IL.
Re: Tail wheel spring [Stinger] angle [Re: GHB]
      #12928 - 03/28/11 05:28 PM

Quote:

Hi
I have put new tail wheel mount torsion leg bushings in [rubber ones] from Cessna.

I measured the vertical tail wheel swivel bolt angle and the bottom of the bolt [nut end] still points aft. [should point forward? correct?]
I think the bend in my tail wheel spring [torsion leg] has straightened out [bent straight] Does any one know how much of an angle this mount leg should have in it? Can it be bent more if the angle is not enough? What is the best way to bend it?

Thank you
Gene Bottolfsen

OK
Trying one more time to get some kind of reply to my question [Quoted above] !!!!!!!!!
Some one has to know SOMTHING!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks
Gene

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1450

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Rob Duncan for ? International 180-185 Club